My work is guided by a simple belief: a good design should solve multiple problems at a time.
2015 July - Present
Game Designer at Zynga – United States
• Contribute to a total of 4 mobile games for their new content creation including level design, live event,
progression, new mechanic and design doc development while being responsible for data analysis and
live tuning in order to optimize overall engagement, monetization and retention on a daily basis.
• Take the role of lead level designer and lead 3 fellow level designers with the design direction to help
Disney Dream Treats hit no.1 in Japan and no.3 in the US App Store puzzle game category.
2014 May - 2015 June (1 year 2 months)
Gameplay & Level Designer at Darkwind Media – United States
• Designed and scripted unique combat scenarios, encounters, BOSS fight and cinematic in-game
sequences for an Xbox One action brawler Wulverblade.
2011 Aug - 2012 July (1 year)
Game Designer at Gamania Digital Entertainment – Taiwan
• Conducted 10+ mobile and FB game pitches for newly obtained IPs to fulfill company’s needs.
• Led a mobile project team of three consisted of a developer, artist, and designer to take over an existing
problematic game project and iterate based on problem-solving.
• Proposed storyboard and made a game trailer independently for a mobile game.
• Designed character ability, maps and balanced combat for an unpublished 2D action game, and
populated missions for an unpublished monopoly-like SNG on Facebook.
2009 (6 months)
Game Designer / Project Lead, Commissioned project – Taiwan
• Created game design doc and the entire business plan for a web game series in order to compete for a
public tender bid and eventually led a seven-person team to develop the game using Flash.
2009 (6 months)
Programmer Intern at IGS (International Games System) – Taiwan
• Assisted in porting an arcade slot game to Flash.
2008 to 2010
Freelance Motion Designer / Compositor – Taiwan
• Designed title sequence, 2D/3D motion, VFX and was responsible for compositing for 2 TV commercials and 1 corporation’s international image video.
Honors & Awards
The Curse of Mannequin Island
-Indie Selection, Tokyo Game Show 2015
Rising Suns﹣Shanghai 1937
-Ludicious- Zürich Game Festival Student Competition FINALIST, 2014
- 6TH ANNUAL PIXIE AWARD GOLD, 2014
NYU Tisch School of the Arts (TSOA) Graduate Scholar
PRACTICE: Game Design In Detail Conference 2013
IndieCade East 2014
2013 – 2015 MFA in Game Design
Tisch School of the Arts, NYU Game Center, New York, USA
2006 – 2010 BS in Information Communication – Specialization: Interactive Entertainment Technology
Yuan Ze University, Chungli, Taiwan